DSL Internet: The Ins, Outs and Middle Ground of DSL
Finding reliably fast DSL speeds isn’t always stress-free – but it’s easy when you have the right information at your fingertips.
DSL Internet providers offer different features, modems, routers, bundles, plans, packages – how do you know which plan is right for you? You’re in the right place.
DSL Internet providers: what to expect
When you sit down at your computer or laptop, what are you thinking about? Most likely about the movie you’re about to watch, the news headlines you’re about to read, or how flooded your inbox is about to be. What you shouldn’t have to be thinking about is if you’re getting top Internet speeds – it should be implied.
DSL Internet providers offer different speeds in different locations. Location has an enormous impact not only on the DSL providers offered in your area, but the speeds those providers can offer.
Why is location such a big factor? Mostly because a DSL connection runs over a home phone line, and connects to a DSLAM.
The DSLAM is where signals are sent and received – the closer to the DSLAM you live, the faster your Internet speeds are.
DSL Internet service providers: perks, features and Internet freedom
- Price lock guarantee. A sure thing is rarely a sure thing – which is why a DSL Internet provider that can offer a price lock guarantee is worth considering. In some cases, Internet providers offer guaranteed prices for as long as five years.
- No contract. Signing a contract can make you feel apprehensive and uneasy – but you don’t have to lock yourself into a lengthy contract with all DSL Internet providers. By not having to sign a contract, you can rest easy knowing that you have total freedom and control over your DSL.
- Affordable bundles. Isn’t it convenient when everything you need to buy is at one store? The same theory applies to bundles with Internet, home phone and even TV service. Ordering bundles all on the same phone call saves you time – and can potentially lead to savings down the road.
- Variety, variety, variety. DSL Internet providers offer bundles, but also offer standalone DSL. That means that if you absolutely don’t see any benefit to a home phone service, you don’t have to have one to get DSL Internet.
- Free extras. Extras can be anything from free email accounts to an all-inclusive security suite to free installation. DSL Internet service providers have their own way of doing things, but the majority of them offer great features with their Internet plans.
The only way you’ll find out what Internet plans and perks are available in your area is to give the Internet experts a call. Get up-to-date information on all the DSL Internet providers in your neighborhood, and pick the right DSL plan for your needs and your budget.